Kendra Wilkinson always brings the party wherever she goes, so it's no surprise that her latest hairstyle has us ready for a good time. Her perky ponytail here is uber cute yet oh-so-easy to recreate at home! I consulted Jenny Balding, Cutler Salon Stylist and Redken Styling and Grooming Expert, to get the breakdown of Kendra's look. Have fun styling, ladies! Jenny says: "This is such a luxurious, beautiful ponytail and what's great is that it's easy to recreate for parties and events!"
Get the look
- Start with day two hair as this will make it more manageable to sweep into a high ponytail.
- Using a 1-inch curling iron, create a large wave through the mid-length to the ends of your hair. Mist a light hairspray like Redken Fashion Work 12 throughout to set the hair. You want to make sure you use a light spray so you can keep layering the product when needed and so hair doesn't become sticky.
- Use a flat, oval brush and gently brush your hair back and bring all the hair together to create beautiful, soft movement throughout.
- Sweep into a high ponytail, making sure you are checking that the position suits your face and cheekbones. You really want it positioned in line with your cheekbones and then a fraction higher to be the most flattering.
- Tie using a strong, snag-free elastic and then take a section of the underside of the ponytail and wrap around the band to cover. Anchor using a small U-shaped pin.
- Mist the covered band with a little hairspray and gently brush through the tail to give you this gorgeous, luxurious wave.
- Finish by using a gloss spray to amp up the shine. Redken Shine is perfect for this as it is an aerosol so it mists over perfectly and doesn't leave locks oily.
More 'dos we adore
Carrie Underwood's curls
Sarah Michelle Gellar's braids
Nicole Gale Anderson's lob