Sarah Michelle Gellar is making a comeback to television with her new series The Crazy Ones, but we're crazy about her hair this week! The actress and mom showed up to a TV appearance recently rocking this super sweet half up braided 'do and I'm crushing hard. I got celeb hairstylist Chaz Dean to offer his tips for recreating the look at home. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"Her outfit and her hair work well together. This look is fun, flirty and youthful!” Chaz says.
- Apply WEN Styling Crème to soaking wet hair to eliminate frizz and to protect your hair from the heat.
- Use a round brush and blow dryer with the nozzle (the nozzle helps prevent you from burning your hair). Blow dry in sections until hair is dry.
- Now that your hair is dry, mix the WEN Finishing Treatment Crème (a pea-size amount) with 2 drops of WEN Smoothing Glossing Serum to add extra shine and to tame flyaways before styling. Mix both together in your hand and add to hair by applying mid-shaft to ends and twisting into hair.
- Part your dry hair in the center. Start on either side at the front part of your hairline. Grab a small section of hair and twist away from the face. As your twist moves back, grab small sections of hair to add to the twist (as if you were French braiding). Stop adding hair when your twist gets behind your ear and twist the remaining hair. Pin it back.
- Repeat Step 4 for the opposite side.
- Pin the 2 twists together. Or, create your own style by braiding the twists together!
try it on
See this hairstyle on yourself using our virtual makeover tool. Start here.
More 'dos we adore
Maia Mitchell's fancy 'do
Amy Adams' half updo
Nicole Gale Anderson
Photo credit: HRC/WENN.com