If you haven't watched Maia Mitchell on ABC Family's The Fosters yet, you're missing out! The Australian actress is definitely one to watch in the young Hollywood scene, and it's not just her acting skills that have caught my attention. Maia is honing her beauty skills and killed it with this fancy 'do at a recent event!
I asked Justine Piecuch, stylist at Newburyport's shanti salon, how to recreate the look at home. Have fun, girls!
Get the look
"For Maia's look, your teasing skills need to be at an all-time high. For the back, a couple of things can be created once you achieve the volume in the front. Let's keep it classic and go with a twist," she says.
- Start by sectioning all the hair from the front forward and clip. Grab all other hair in the back and lightly back comb. This will create some grip and make pinning and molding a lot easier.
- Grabbing all hair, either roll into a French twist and pin on the side where all the hair is tucked or if that's tough, twist locks into a bun. Whatever it is that you do, keep it on the loose side.
- Next, tease, tease, tease the front part of the hair. Get that volume Maia has by lifting hair up, combing toward the root.
- Gently brush hair smooth and mold into shape toward the previous section. Gently and loosely tuck in pieces into the bun or twist. Pulling and pinning too tightly will lead to the style collapsing and a loss of volume.
- Hit with a light hairspray and go!
- On a side note, if the volume Maia's rocking is too much for you, you can always calm it down. This looks like one style that seems amazing on celebrities but as everyday people we tend to get self-conscious. Tailor it to your needs, so it feels best for you!!
More 'dos we adore
Chloe Grace Moretz's braid and curls
Dianna Agron's wispy 'do
AnnaSophia Robb's curls
Photo credits: Getty Images