These makeup basics should be on every girl's must-know list no matter the season. They will keep you looking fabulous as all the trends come and go!
How to get perfectly arched brows
- Eyebrow comb
- Eyebrow powder that's within two shades of your hair color
- An angled brush
- A small colored eyebrow pencil the same shade as your eyebrow powder
To discover the perfect eyebrow arch for your face shape, line the brush up vertically with the outer edge of the pupil of the eye. This is where the arch should bend and start getting exaggerated.
- Start by combing the eyebrows back toward your temples.
- Dip your angled brush into eyebrow powder. Starting at the bottom inner corner of the eyebrow, gently feather the eyebrow powder along the natural arch of the brow.
- You can continue filling in the brow with eyebrow powder. To judge how far to extend the eyebrow powder, try this: Take your brush and lay it along the bottom outer corner of the eye. Where the brush lays is an invisible line connecting the outer corner of the eye to the end of your eyebrow — this is how far you can extend your eyebrow powder.
Pro tip: Layering and feathering is key. You don't want to add too much color all at once or create a sharp line.
For a more defined eyebrow shape...
After you've applied the eyebrow powder, use a small eyebrow pencil and gently draw along the outside edges of the brow. Add a defined tip to the end of the brow for a finished look. When using an eyebrow pencil, always use small feathering strokes, mimicking small hairs.
More makeup tips
Find the right coverage color for your complexion
On-the-go makeup for your purse
10 Celebrity makeup artists share their secrets