These makeup basics should be on every girl's must-know list no matter the season. They will keep you looking fabulous as all the trends come and go!
(page 3 of 5)
How to get your skin to glow
- Illuminating cream or liquid primer
- Face powder
- Foundation or concealer
- Start by applying a radiant skin primer or an illuminating cream all over the face.
- Apply your foundation (or tinted moisturizer if you prefer) as usual.
- Layer your concealer where needed and also apply your under eye concealer now.
- Then, powder your T-zone only! This means across the forehead, the sides of the nose and chin area and then put the powder down.
- Next, apply an illuminating liquid or cream over your foundation by gently dabbing and pressing into the top of cheekbones, down the nose, a dab on the end of the chin and a small dot on the inner corners of the eye.
- Dab the illuminator around these areas several times to ensure it's locked into the skin and not just sitting on top of the skin. This will help ensure the glow lasts longer!
- For dry skin, mix a dab of illuminating cream or liquid into your foundation. This will give you extra glow! Then carry on with remaining steps.
- For normal skin with T-zone oiliness: Skip step five. Adding illuminating cream or liquid to foundation will make you extra shiny in the T-zone. Have blotting papers on hand to keep shine at bay.
- For oily skin: Use a powder illuminator instead of a cream or liquid. Apply the powder illuminator to all of the same areas and you will get a glow without the extra shine!
Up next: How to master the smoky eye in any color >>