How to wear bold lipstick
Bold lips are "in" year-round! You can stay current by choosing a bright, fun color in the summer (hot pink or bright coral) or rocking an edgy, dark color in the winter (deep purple or red).
- Loose powder
- Lipstick of choice
- Clear gloss (for a glossy finish)
- Start by swiping foundation all over your lips.
- Add some loose powder all over your lips (or pressed powder if that's all you have). This will cancel out your natural lip color and absorb any oils to give your lip color a fresh platform.
- Take your lip color and start outlining your lip shape and fill in.
- Next, take more loose or pressed powder and go over the entire lip area again. This will not only set your lip color and help prevent feathering, but the layering will ensure long-lasting color throughout the day.
- Lastly, go over your powdered lips one last time with your lip color and fill in. You can either stop here and rock the matte look or for added shine, swipe a clear gloss over lips. Voilà! Sexy bold lips with staying power!
Up next: How to create a custom cat eye >>