We have a total crush on Amy Adams' chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
There are some hairstyles that just make you do a double take, and Amy Adams had me looking twice when she worked this sleek and sexy 'do at a recent event. The smooth, shiny half updo looks quite simple from the front (just another half updo, right?), but the fun crisscross detail in the back really takes it up a notch.
I asked celebrity hairstylist Chaz Dean to help us recreate the look in a few simple steps. Have fun, ladies!
Get the look
"This is a simple, carefree, versatile look that can be rocked on or off the red carpet!” Chaz says.
- After cleansing with the WEN Cleansing Conditioner and applying the WEN Styling Creme as a heat protectant and a frizz eliminator, blow dry your hair straight with a round brush and blow dryer, using the nozzle.
- Mix a pea-size amount of the WEN Finishing Treatment Creme with five spritzes of WEN Volumizing Treatment Spray (this acts as a light hold hairspray without causing the damage traditional hairsprays cause) in the palms of your hands. Run through the sides and the crown of your head.
- Slightly tease the crown of your head for volume. Use a Mason Pearson-type brush to smooth your hair. Section the crown portion off to the right.
- Take a section of hair from the left side of your head (from above your ear to your temple) and brush back just past the center of your head. Use a bobby pin to set in place.
- Now, take the crown section (starting from left temple and ending at the right ear) and pull hair back and add a twist when you reach the section of hair you’ve already pinned. Pin this section as well, so now both sections are joined together in the center back of your head. To secure the hair, use a small clear rubber hair band.
- Take a small piece of hair (from underneath the bottom right section of your hair), wrap around the clear hair band once and pin underneath.
- Apply two drops of Smoothing Glossing Serum to your hands, rub together and apply to your hair (mid-shaft to ends) to add extra shine. Apply remainder to crown and side areas by gently touching to add shine and to keep flyaways down.
More 'dos we adore
Chloe Grace Moretz's braid and curls
Dianna Agron's wispy 'do
AnnaSophia Robb's curls
Photo credits: Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com, Joel Ginsburg/WENN.com, PNP/WENN.com