Christmas is just a few days away and it's time to get serious about your party 'do of choice! This year, it's all about the effortless updo, ladies. Dianna Agron models the look oh so well here with her tousled chignon, so I turned to Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, to get the step-by-step tips for doing it at home. Have fun styling, and happy holidays!
Get the look
- Apply L'Oreal Texture Expert Mousse to towel-dried hair and rough dry completely.
- Once hair is dry, section everything into three sections (mohawk, above the ears and right above the neck).
- Starting at that bottom section above the neck, take a curling wand and with 2-inch sections, wrap hair around the barrel, working your way up to the mohawk.
- When you reach the mohawk, part hair slightly off center and curl away from the face.
- Leaving the "bang area" out, take all the hair and loosely twist into a chignon. (It does not need to look perfect, and pieces falling out is a bonus!)
- Pin chignon in place with bobby pins.
- Accessorize with a cute headband and either leave the "bang area" out to hang or loosely tuck behind ears. Editor's pick: Remington Thin Metal Headband with Cream Flowers
- Spray the style with L'Oreal Texture Expert Hairspray, Infinium 2, and you are finished!
More 'dos we adore
Minka Kelly's half updo
Paula Patton's pompadour
Leven Rambin's curly 'do
Photo credits: Getty Images