Chloe Grace Moretz is growing up before our eyes! The actress is expanding her style and beauty repertoire every day with new, fun styles like this sideswept curly 'do featuring a braid. I turned to celeb hairstylist Aubrey Loots of Los Angeles' Studio DNA Salon for the step-by-step tutorial. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"We will be seeing texture and braids for a long time to come. This style works well for Chloe because it does not look overly done or styled," Aubrey says. "For anyone with shorter hair — there are so many good clip-in ponytails and braids available right now to easily recreate this look."
- On damp hair, use Wella Natural Volume Mousse for a soft and natural texture. Apply and spread throughout liberally.
- Flip your head over and finger dry your hair into a soft texture wave look using hands only. Then smooth out with a larger round brush if you have textured hair to begin with.
- Create a center part and spray on Thermal Image by Wella, your must-have heat protector. Use a 1-1/2-inch barrel curling iron, or better yet the Professional Instyler and take large sections, creating soft waves away from the face.
- Choose the side you feel the most comfortable with and bring all the hair over into a low loose ponytail. Tie hair into a loose ponytail so that you can pull out two sections as seen above to do a simple braid for added texture.
- Use a light pump of Wella's Oil Reflections to braid with for added shine, control and definition. Then pin the end of the braids into the ponytail.
- Pull a few pieces out from around the face for added softness.
- Finish off with a light spritz of Wella's Stay Essential Finishing, a brushable hairspray.
More 'dos we adore
Minka Kelly's half updo
Paula Patton's pompadour
Leven Rambin's curly 'do
Photo credits: Getty Images, FayesVision/WENN.com, Apega/WENN.com