We have a total crush on Chloe Grace Moretz's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Chloe Grace Moretz is growing up before our eyes! The actress is expanding her style and beauty repertoire every day with new, fun styles like this sideswept curly 'do featuring a braid. I turned to celeb hairstylist Aubrey Loots of Los Angeles' Studio DNA Salon for the step-by-step tutorial. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"We will be seeing texture and braids for a long time to come. This style works well for Chloe because it does not look overly done or styled," Aubrey says. "For anyone with shorter hair — there are so many good clip-in ponytails and braids available right now to easily recreate this look."
- On damp hair, use Wella Natural Volume Mousse for a soft and natural texture. Apply and spread throughout liberally.
- Flip your head over and finger dry your hair into a soft texture wave look using hands only. Then smooth out with a larger round brush if you have textured hair to begin with.
- Create a center part and spray on Thermal Image by Wella, your must-have heat protector. Use a 1-1/2-inch barrel curling iron, or better yet the Professional Instyler and take large sections, creating soft waves away from the face.
- Choose the side you feel the most comfortable with and bring all the hair over into a low loose ponytail. Tie hair into a loose ponytail so that you can pull out two sections as seen above to do a simple braid for added texture.
- Use a light pump of Wella's Oil Reflections to braid with for added shine, control and definition. Then pin the end of the braids into the ponytail.
- Pull a few pieces out from around the face for added softness.
- Finish off with a light spritz of Wella's Stay Essential Finishing, a brushable hairspray.
More 'dos we adore
Minka Kelly's half updo
Paula Patton's pompadour
Leven Rambin's curly 'do
Photo credits: Getty Images, FayesVision/WENN.com, Apega/WENN.com