The young star looked adorable at a recent event with her curly half updo, and I got celebrity hairstylist Julien Farel to offer his tips for getting the look yourself. Have fun, girls!
Get the look
"This is one of my favorite looks for the season because it’s chic and elegant with the right amount of body and gives the hair a great shape. Achieving the soft texture is crucial to this look. The red lipstick adds a nice touch of color, creating an entire look that has a lot of personality," Julien says.
- Start with a hair treatment like Julien Farel Haircare Vitamin Restore, a twice-a-week cleanse-treat-condition formula that replaces shampoo and conditioner on the day you use it. It repairs the daily damage and nourishes the follicle, scalp and hair for more voluminous, healthy, shiny and manageable hair.
- Comb out hair and create a side part. Apply Julien Farel Haircare Flexible Gel to wet hair and brush through for even distribution.
- Blow dry one side of your hair up and over to the other side using a large round brush until almost dry.
- Flip hair over to the other side and repeat.
- When hair is almost dry, start with the front and use a small round brush.
- Separating by 2-inch sections, wrap the ends of the hair around the brush and roll brush down to roots. Heat the hair for 10 seconds or until dry and then unravel hair from brush. Roll hair into a curl at the root and pop a clip in to set.
- Continue to the back, and then the sides, until hair is completely set. Remove clips and brush out hair with a large round brush. If needed, use a medium curler on the ends upward and away from the face.
- Pull back a few strands from the front of the face on either side and secure with hair pins. Use L’Oreal Elnett hairspray for a finishing hold and smooth the top with a smoothing cream like Julien Farel Haircare Vitamin Smooth while still maintaining the textured volume.
More 'dos we adore
Eva Longoria's simple braid
Julianne Hough's complex braided bun
Malin Akerman's sleek 'do
Photo credit: Stefan Jeremiah/WENN.com