Nina Dobrev never ceases to amaze me with her creative hairstyles. The star of The Vampire Diaries caught my eye recently with this fun take on the classic ponytail, so I turned to Jo Martin, Head of Global Education for ghd, to get some tips for recreating this fab look at home. Have fun, girls!
Get the look
- This look will be created with a sequence of four small ponytails, starting at the crown, finishing at the nape.
- Start by applying Total Volume Foam to damp hair and then blow dry using the ghd Air Hairdryer and a ghd Paddle Brush. A paddle brush is perfect for this technique.
- Starting at the side, take horizontal sections and place the gold professional 2” styler in at the root area, close the styler and rotate 180 degrees, then glide through to the ends. Continue this technique throughout the hair.
- Using the ghd Tail Comb, back comb the hair lightly at the root area to create volume and a light fluffy texture to the hair.
- Take a V section from temples to the crown, pull the hair back loosely to the crown and secure with an elastic band to create your first ponytail.
- Next, take a second section from either side of the top of the ear to the center back just below the first ponytail and secure with an elastic band. With the remaining hair, divide into two sections creating two further ponytails with the last one sitting at the nape of the head (you should now have created four ponytails in total).
- Returning to the first ponytail, lightly backcomb the hair with the ghd tail comb. Create a small loop with the hair and place over the second ponytail. Secure with an elastic band and tease the loop to your desired shape. Continue this technique connecting all the ponytails to create the finished look.
More 'dos we adore
Bella Thorne's cute braid
Lily Collins' structured style
Minka Kelly's simple 'do
Photo credits: Getty Images