She's starred in some of our favorite blockbusters, but we're not just fans of Jennifer Lawrence's work. We're also smitten with her makeup! Join us as we recap four of her recent beauty looks and show you how to recreate them at home.
If you look the words "girl crush" up, Jennifer Lawrence's face should really pop up. The young actress has quickly won her way into many a fashionista's heart, including this one. I've been obsessed with Jenn's style and beauty ever since she hit the Hollywood scene, and always want to steal her look.
Lucky for you, the next installment of The Hunger Games comes out soon. Even luckier for you, I've rounded up four of Jenn's best beauty looks from the past year. Celeb makeup artist Amy Strozzi is offering her tips for how she'd recreate the look at home. Have fun, ladies!
The 2013 Oscars were a big night for Jennifer. She took home a coveted award, tripped up the stage, and oh yeah, looked gorgeous all the while. I'm crushing on her rosy cheeks, soft lip and smudged eyes, aren't you?
- Begin this look by using a product like Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator to refine your pores and curb excess oil. It will keep your skin looking matte but not dry, and is oil-free.
- Note how wonderful Jennifer's brows look with this makeup. They are filled in completely, brushed upwards and extended at the tail to really punctuate the shape of her face. Use a firm angled brush (like #15, small angled cut brush) from Anastasia Beverly Hills and the shade of their Brow Powder Duo that matches your color to fill in the entire brow area. Brush the hair upwards with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel (my favorite) to seal the look for the night.
- Apply a silvery shadow like Chanel's Ombre Essentielle in Furtif over the entire lid, in an almond shape but with soft blended edges. Sweep the shadow under the lower lash line as well, concentrating most of the color in the outer comers. Use a black liner such as Armani's Smooth Silk Eye Pencil to draw a heavy line as close to the base of the upper lash line as possible, and to draw a very thin line across the entire lower lash line. Using a small blending brush (I love MAC's small shader brush #231), smudge the bottom liner into the lashes so it makes them pop at the base but is not harsh.
- Coat lashes with a healthy dose of Lancome's Hypnose Volumizing Mascara in Deep Black.
- Apply a soft peachy-pink blush to the apples of the cheeks. Jouer Mineral Powder blush in Blossom is a lovely powder option, and their cream tint in Honeysuckle is a lovely poppy-peach version.
- Use a pink gloss with shimmer to keep the lip low key but still feminine and alluring. Armani's Flash Lacquer in shade 526 will do the trick.
Up next: Get Jennifer Lawrence's "Lady in red" makeup look >>