AnnaSophia Robb has been captivating us with her portrayal of a young Carrie Bradshaw in the CW's
Follow Sonia on Twitter for more makeup tips!
The Carrie Diaries. And with the show's second season starting up this week, we're paying homage to her beautiful makeup! Celebrity makeup artist Sonia Lee works with AnnaSophia often, and was happy to offer her tips for scoring the actress' signature look. She even created the first two looks specifically for AnnaSophia! Have fun playing, ladies!
"I designed this look to appear fresh, elegant and modern. My technique for creating a modern look is to make the skin as sheer as possible," Lee says.
- I began the look by prepping skin with Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. Next, I applied Sheer Illuminating Base from Chanel and Vaseline jelly on lips.
- Before applying foundation from the jaw line to neck, I made sure to match the right foundation color for Anna’s fair skin tone. Once I found the right shade, I applied foundation with brush #13 from Smashbox, beginning with the center of the face. Then I used a sponge for a flawless finish. Foundation pick: Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation.
- Next, I used Clinique Airbrush concealer around the eyes to create light. My tip: Pat the eye area with your finger so the products don’t sit on the face.
- I used NARS Orgasm Cream Blush to create a soft, feminine glow on the face and to enhance her gorgeous jawline. Then, I applied Koh Gen Do Powder on the t-zone and under the eyes, and lightly powdered the rest of the face.
- For the eyes, I covered the entire eyelid with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre #82 Emerveillé and smudged #86 Ebloui into the bottom lash line.
- Before applying mascara, I curled her lashes with Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler. I followed up with a coat of Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara for bold, flawless lashes.
- For a rosy glow, I applied blush to the middle of the cheekbones with Chanel Joues Contraste #76 Frivole. Start by putting blush on the apples of the cheeks, then work upward, downward, then backward.
- Before applying lipstick, I lined her lips with MAC Lip Pencil in What a Blast to enhance the lips for a bold, fuller look. I completed the look with a pop of color on the lips with Chanel Rouge Allure #97 Incandescente.
Get her hair!
Click here to learn
how to recreate AnnaSophia's
cute side bun.
"For this look, I designed a fresh, soft and elegant look," Lee explains.
- I began the look by prepping her skin with Murad skin perfecting lotion, Colorescience Skin Brightening Face Primer SPF 20 and Kiehl's Lip Balm.
- Next, even out skin tone with Colorescience Sheer Crème Foundation and dab on a bit of NARS Orgasm Cream Blush to create a soft, feminine glow.
- For full coverage, apply Koh Gen Do Powder on the t-zone and under the eyes, and lightly powder the rest of the face.
- Moving onto the eyes, prep the lids with NARS Eye Primer. Next, take the green color from Kevyn Aucoin's The Essential Eye Shadow Palette #6 over the entire lid and blend upwards. Apply the same color lightly to the bottom lashes to balance and open up the eye.
- On the center of the eyelid, apply Chanel Illusion D'Ombre #84 Epatant and add pearly white shadow from the Aucoin palette into the corner of eyes.
- Line lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Spice then apply Colorescience Sunforgettable Lip Shine SPF 35.
- Add that rosy cheek glow to the apples of cheeks with Chanel's Joues Contraste Blush (shade #55 In Love).
- Finish off the look with Colorescience Pressed Mineral Illuminator in Champagne Kiss.
Up next: Get AnnaSophia's pretty pinup and blue beauty looks >>
Photo credits: Apega/WENN.com, FayesVision/WENN.com