Make moisturizing your hands part of your beauty routine. This simple DIY moisturizing bergamot hand cream will allow you to keep soft and fragrant hands within reach!
Are you ready to take on the cold and dry weather? Do your hands a favor this season and keep them soft and supple with this DIY moisturizing bergamot hand cream. Along with the benefits of providing smooth and silky hands, this hand cream also has a light and refreshing citrus scent — perfect for lifting your spirits during less-than-ideal weather!
Bergamot is an essential oil known to have antiseptic properties, and can also help to calm skin — perfect for dry hands. If that's not enough, the scent of bergamot also has a relaxing and calming effect.
DIY moisturizing bergamot hand cream
- 1 cup distilled water
- 10-15 drops bergamot essential oil
- 1 tablespoon wax pellets
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 3/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 1-2 vitamin E capsules, broken open and liquid added to the mix (discard the shells)
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add the wax pellets, shea butter, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil. Microwave for about three minutes (or until the wax pellets have melted).
- In a separate bowl, combine the water and essential oil.
- Add the water mixture to the first bowl after microwaving.
- Use a stick blender to blend the ingredients until smooth (you can also do this in a regular blender). If you have any remaining water, simply drain it off.
- Place in a glass jar with an airtight lid.
Keep your hands moisturized this season!
More DIY hand and body care
DIY nail strengthener
DIY clay and lavender cuticle cream
DIY sweet and spicy sugar scrub