Looking to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holidays to enjoy some much needed time for yourself? With these three super easy homemade recipes from beauty author Erica Katz, you can quickly pamper yourself with the most divine scents of the season.
Cranberry anti-aging face mask
Cranberries aren't just used in a delicious side dish at holiday dinners. They're also rich in vitamins that will condition your face, leaving it ready for family photos.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Mix ingredients until the mixture becomes paste-like. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes and let thicken. Remove from the fridge and let sit about 10 minutes.
To use: Spread the mixture on clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area. Relax for 15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
The fruit acid is a gentle exfoliant and the grapefruit juice is a toner. Cranberries are rich in vitamin A, which has antioxidant properties. They are also rich in vitamin C, helping with collagen production.
Honey vanilla bath foam
Don't have time to bake cookies? Take this bath foam into the bathroom and you'll experience the smells of fresh-baked goodies without having to do all of the work.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- Mix together all ingredients and put in a jar to leave by your tub.
To use: Add 5 drops to running bath water and luxuriate in the foam.
Essential oil bath to relieve congestion
With so much to do during the holidays, there's no time to get sick. Soak in a bath that smells like candy canes for an instant pick-me-up.
- 6 drops eucalyptus oil
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 3 drops spearmint oil
- Add the oils to running bath water. Be sure to avoid your eyes. Relax in the tub and inhale the steam from the bath.
More holiday beauty ideas
Pretty Little Things: Pre-holiday bling
Comfy holiday outfits that say "Eat your heart out!"
3 Holiday beauty gifts that she'll love