Timeless and classy, the part is a versatile hair trend that is here to stay. It was even featured on the Spring 2013 NYFW runways. But right now, it's fall, so instead of waiting until spring to take the look for a test drive, we're showing you how to rock this trend now and later with a little help from an expert. Jeffrey Mayo is sharing his tips on how to achieve both looks.
Now: Fall center part
Are you craving a stick straight look right out of the '70s that's sure to turn heads? Create the sleek center part look that was hot on Fall 2012 NYFW catwalks and seen on models from Chloe, Lanvin and more.
Get the look:
- To start, towel dry hair and prep it by blending a straightening balm with finishing drops and work through hair from roots to ends. Mayo's picks? Eufora's Smooth'n Straightening Balm™ and Eufora's Pure Polish Finishing Drops™.
- Next, dry and flat iron hair for a sleek, '70s look or check out EuforaPro's™ Ionic Ceramic Polishing Brush. Maintain a dead center part while working through each section.
- To make a perfect center part, find the center of the nose and slice backwards towards the back of the head using the tail of a comb or the wide teeth of a comb. Use one swift motion as to keep the part clean and even.
- Once you have the part, the final step is to spray Eufora's Illuminate Shine Mist™ all over your new 'do for a healthy, vibrant shine that will last all day.
Later: Spring side part
Whether your look is sleek and straight or long and curly, a side part will bring out everyone's good side. Eufora's Jeffery Mayo says, "To refresh your hairstyle and give yourself a whole new look without a trip to the salon, try parting your hair on the side for a sleek brooding look."
Tip: We all have a strong and weak side of our face. To find it, hold up a piece of printer paper and cover one side of the face. Then flip it over and cover the other side of your face -- all while looking in the mirror. You will notice that one side is droopier, or weaker, than the other. The heavier side of the side part should always go against the weaker side of the face.
Get the look:
- First, this look starts in the shower. Shampoo and condition with Mayo's picks, Beautifying Elixirs™ Moisture Intense Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next, towel dry hair and spritz on Beautifying Elixirs™ Leave-In Repair Treatment.
- Once hair is dry, learn how Mayo recommends finding the perfect part in the gray tip box to the right.
- Once you determine which side is which, create the part by coming from the eye's outer corner in the front, to the middle center in the back to give the look symmetry.
- Finish the side part with Beautifying Elixirs™ Control Crème, for invisible frizz control, to keep flyaways from wreaking havoc on your new part.
Celebrity stylists share tricks of the trade
Celebrity hairstyle inspiration: Messy updos
How to find the best hair extensions
Photo credits: WENN.com, B.Dowling/WENN.com