If you currently have short hair or are looking to chop it all off, there's nothing more stylish than a clean, yet somewhat spiky style. We drop into Miami's Rik Rak Salon for owner Rik Watters' tips on how you can steal Kris' look at home.
- Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner that give the hair body. Only apply the conditioner on a quarter of an inch from the ends. Then, towel dry the hair using a bit of friction to give it body.
- For extra volume and shine, apply mousse only on the roots before blow-drying. Using a medium round boar bristle brush, start to dry the bangs in downward strokes. As soon as it's completely dry, roll the hair with your fingers and place a bobby pin to hold it in place.
- Continue with the front/top section of your hair using the same brush, blowing in the opposite direction (towards the back) of the head. Follow by rolling and pinning the hair once again. Continue with the same procedure towards the back, and stop at the crown of the head.
- The bottom back of the head should be simply brushed down as you are blowing the hair dry. You don't want volume in that area. The sides of the head should be brushed downward and rolled.
- Keep the hair pinned and blow cold air using the blower on low for a few minutes. If you have time to spare, keep the hair rolled for a little while longer to create more volume.
- Finally, remove the hair pins and using your fingers, work the hair into place, and separate the bangs. Tip: You may want to spray a light hair spray and again use your fingers to toss it, giving it a natural and casual look!
Quick fashion tip
Looking to steal Kris' style as well? Go for neutrals — blacks and whites. Not only is this a hot summer trend (remember Marc Jacobs' show?!), but it's essentially all Kris wears!
Incorporate these staples into your wardrobe:
- Classic white button-down.
- Little black dress.
- Black pumps.
- Oversize black blazer.
- White, statement-making sunglasses.
More celeb hair
Reality Roundup: Kelly Clarkson
Reality Roundup: Khloe Kardashian
Reality Roundup: Giuliana Rancic
Photos credit: Anders Overgaard/E!