Liked Shailene Woodley's hair at last night's Oscars? Steal her style with our help!
Stylist: Campbell McAuley for MATRIX
Inspiration: To complement her Valentino Couture gown, McAuley wanted to give Shailene a simple, glamorous hairstyle that would really pop. Inspired by the high neckline and pattern of the fabric, McAuley created a '70s style textured chignon with a Moroccan twist. The wrapped pieces of the chignon were intended to mirror the textures of the dress.
Get the look:
- Starting with wet hair, apply MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter to give the base of the hair volume.
- Blow dry hair with a round brush to smooth the texture.
- Set hair in Velcro rollers for one hour.
- Remove rollers, brush out curls and work MATRIX Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil from roots to ends for shine.
- Gather all hair into a textured ponytail at the crown of the head.
- Twist small sections of the ponytail and wrap them up to the base of the hair to make a round shape.
- Halfway through, wrap remaining sections around the round shape to give it a criss-cross texture.
- Finish with MATRIX Design Pulse Hard Lock Hairspray to hold the style in place.
Get the look: Tina Fey's 2012 Oscars hair
Get the look: Kelly Ripa's 2012 Oscars chignon
Get the look: Kristen Wiig's 2012 Oscars hair/makeup
Photo credit: Adrianna M. Barazza