Skirts for pears
"Conceal with a subtle print," says fashion expert and TV personality Jeannie Mai. "A small-scale texture like dark tweed or any other shaded fabric can hide any little bulge."
"A slightly flared pencil skirt shows off legs while still camouflaging thighs. The top-of-knee length elongates your lower half," adds Mai.
Mai also offers these skirt fashion tips for pears.
- Do learn to love a slight A-line.
- Do pick a style that sits at your waist or hips but doesn't go super high.
- Do keep it simple -- nothing shiny or glitzy.
- Avoid allover tight skirts. They'll make you bottom-heavy.
Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria and Shakira are all stars with pear shaped bodies.
What to wear
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Serra Wool Skirt ($189)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Knit A-line Skirt ($113)
- Seamed pencil skirt ($70)