Bella Thorne is quickly becoming one to watch in the Hollywood fashion and beauty scene. The teen always seems to find fun ways to show off her gorgeous locks, and I'm totally crushing on the way she wore her hair here! Drybar's Alli Webb is offering her tips for stealing Bella's hairstyle.
"Bella's hair is very soft and feminine here with a braid headband, which is a big trend right now. Love her straight, simple bangs and loose, flowy waves. This is a really nice look for her and not hard to get at home," Webb says.
Get the look
- Always start with clean hair. It's so important for getting body and bounce like Bella (Drybar Happy Hour Blowout Shampoo & Conditioner will do the trick). Apply a little Hot Toddy heat protector and then add a smoothing cream to wet hair from the mid-shaft to the ends (Cream Soda Hydrating Cream). Then comb through to evenly distribute (Lemon Drop Detangler).
- Now you're ready to blow out your hair — make sure you are using a pro dryer like Buttercup. Start at your bangs. To get bangs like Bella, use your fingers and a larger round brush (Full Pint Round Brush). Rough dry most of the bangs with just your fingers. (You don't want to create too much lift at the root — you only want a slight bend toward the ends of the bangs.) When the bangs are around 60 percent dry, grab your round brush and smooth out the bangs, adding a slight bend under around your brows.
- Next blow out the rest of your hair — you can create waves with the Full Pint brush or any ceramic barrel brush. Be sure to work in 1- to 2-inch vertical sections all around your head. Hold Me Clips will really help you get clean, manageable sections. You can also use a large boar bristle brush and work in larger horizontal sections and go back in with a large barrel iron to create the loose waves, such as the 1.25 3-Day-Bender Rotating Barrel curling iron.
- Once your hair is all blown out, grab random sections and alternate the curls (some forward, toward your face and some back, away from your face). Since Bella's curls are primarily around her ends, be sure to only curl from the mid-shaft down, keeping the top straight.
- For the braid, this is an extra hair piece which is worn just like a traditional headband. This is a pretty easy piece to pick up at most beauty supply stores or online. Just be sure the color matches your hair perfectly. Place it right behind your bangs, close to your ears and you're set!
- The last step is to add a little shine, like 100 Proof Treatment Oil. Apply just a dab to your hands and then use your fingers for definition and to add shine and seal your ends.
More 'dos we adore
AnnaSophia Robb's side bun
Minka Kelly's half updo
Lily Collins' bobby pins
Photo credits: Apega/WENN.com