Sadly, Leven Rambin's character met an untimely death in The Hunger Games, but lucky for us, we get to watch her in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters! The young actress showed up to the film's premiere recently rocking this beautiful braided/curly combo 'do and I've fallen hard.
I got Justine Piecuch, stylist at Newburyport's renowned Beautique, to share her tips for recreating the look at home. "This elegant style is very easy," Piecuch says.
Get the look
- If hair is freshly washed, add a volumizer and blow it out, lifting at the root. Note: If you want, skip this step and dive straight into the curl.
- Next, add some curl! Always remember: The smaller the curling iron used, the more wavy the curl will be, and the larger the iron used, the less wavy your hair will be. Always add a bit of extra curl because hair tends to fall flat after some time.
- Pin each curl in place to set. We're going for the old-fashioned roller set here! When all curls are pinned and cooled, take them out.
- Now, brush out hair. Spray a flat bristle brush (like a Mason Pearson) with a very light hairspray. This will help tame things in place and mold the hair. Brush the curls out, pushing the wave into place.
- Finally, it's time to braid! On the side of your choice, start a French braid from the front to the back. Pin it into place, sweeping hair over the opposite shoulder. Hit your 'do with some hairspray and you're ready to go!
More 'dos we adore
AnnaSophia Robb's side braid
Taylor Swift's ballerina bun
Maia Mitchell's cute hair accessory
Photo credits: FayesVision/WENN.com, Getty Images