We have a total crush on Maia Mitchell's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Looking for a fun, youthful 'do to rock this summer? Look no further! I recently spotted Teen Beach Movie star Maia Mitchell rocking this adorbs 'do and just had to copy it for myself. The look is quite simple, really, but it's the headband that really adds some attitude.
Oribe Hair Care Educator Ronnie Stam was happy to provide some tips for recreating the look at home and dish on what makes this look so special: "I love this look because it's youthful and not too contrived. It looks like she did it herself and did a great job!"
Get the look
Stam says this look is perfect for long-haired ladies who might be looking for a way to freshen up their look! "A lot of times, long hair that's left down can get in the face and make the style look heavy. Adding a headband keeps it off the face while still giving the appearance of having it down. It frames the face in a beautiful way," Stam says.
- Create a smooth, voluminous blowout with Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse and a round brush.
- Spray small sections of hair with Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray and curl with a curling iron. The smaller the sections, the more curl you achieve.
- Let the curls cool, and then lightly brush them out, section by section. Put the brush away — you'll only need your hands for the rest of the style!
- For more volume in the crown, spray some Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then use fingers to massage the hair and create lift.
- Place the headband around your neck and pull hair back into a tight ponytail on the top of the head. Place the headband one inch off the forehead, and then take the ponytail out. Sometimes, when using a headband, hair can gather around the sides or hair can fall into a part. This ponytail trick keeps the hair clean and going in the right direction.
- Apply Fiber Groom at the ends of the curls for definition.
- Finish with a light mist of Shine Light Reflecting Spray.
More 'dos we love
Kate Middleton's half updo
Emma Watson's braided 'do
Claire Julien's cute updo
Photo credits: Lia Toby/WENN.com