Can Foot Surgery
Make Feet Pretty?

After years of high heel shoes and other foot abuse, many women are not happy with the look of their feet and are turning to plastic surgery. Is foot surgery an option for you?

Feet Before and After SurgeryDr Oliver Zong, Surgical Director of NYC Footcare, offers several corrective foot surgeries, including corn and bunion removal and toe straightening. Dr. Zong also performs many toe beautifying procedures, including the Toe Tuck, Toe Slimming and Toe Shortening:

• Toe Tuck involves surgery on your pinky to to make it slimmer so it more easily fits into pointed shoes.
  • Toe Slimming involves removing fatty deposits from the tips of your toes (who knew that toes could get fat!)
  • Toe Shortening involves shortening the second toe.

Dr Zong serves as the Director of Surgery at NYC FOOTCARE and is on the Board of Directors at Gramercy Park Surgery Center (nycfootcare.com).

What do you think about plastic surgery for your feet? I have even heard that some women are getting their pinky toe removed completely, in order to wear more narrow shoes. But I have yet to hear a doctor confirm that is true. I can understand if you are having foot problems, but would you have surgery just to beautify your feet? Leave your comments here and let us know!

Photos provided by NYCFOOTCARE.com

Comments

Comments on "Plastic surgery for your feet: Cosmetic foot surgery"

Dakota January 02, 2014 | 6:45 PM

I'm 17 years old and I have size 8.5/9 feet. My right foot is almost a whole size smaller than my left, its so annoying buying shoes because of course i have to buy the size that accomodates my larger foot, so my shoes always slide around on my smaller foot. I also have longer second toes. I would just like to know if it's possible for me to get surgery to have my feet be the same size? If so, I would totally get it done.

Deionna December 26, 2013 | 2:34 AM

I'm 18 and I Wear a size 8-9 and I'm very uncomfortable about my feet cause they are so big and I feel like girls feet should be little like a size 5-6 because it looks so much better and it's like every young men I try to date they won't date me cause my feet are big and ugly and people make fun of my feet at school so I drop out .....PLEASE HELP ME ????????????????

Anna July 31, 2013 | 6:21 AM

I nearly cry sometimes when I think of all the cute shoes I could wear if my feet weren't so big and I weren't so tall. Yes, I *could* still wear them, but I really am not in the mood to be a foot taller than everyone else (not really everyone, but many: I'd be 6'1" in 3-inch heels), and some shoes just do not translate well to size 10. Yes, I know, grateful to have two feet, and I truly am, but still... just wish there were a way to shave a couple of sizes off my feet and narrow the toe base. I might seriously consider it, but I do take surgery and anesthesia very seriously, so I might decide ultimately that it isn't worth the risk.

unknown June 09, 2013 | 9:24 AM

My second toe is so ugly and long I hate it. It always ruins the look of flip flops and heels of any kind and if the heels are closed toe its horriblely uncomfy. If I could get it shortebed id be so happy!

Ashley June 03, 2013 | 12:13 PM

People say that my feet are quite nice but I hate them :( They're normal ..except my big toes are both like bigger than the rest but I wish they were the same size as my second toes :( they're not ridiculously big but I see so many other girls with flat feet with toes all the same size and I just feel so self concious! I would defo go under the knife just to make myself more confident! I see pretty sandals etc which I cant buy because I feel they won't look nice. Also, the resta the toes stay flat but the tip of my big toe flicks up a little more which makes it look weird argh :@ i HATE them soo much it makes me upset literally!!! I'm a size 6 and a half - 7 but I squeeze them into 5's or 6's :(

skittles April 28, 2013 | 12:39 AM

I want surgery but only on my one big toe. I have a ski diver toe nail it grows up instead of out like the others. I try to file it and paint it i once had someone ask if i gad a glob of paint on my toe its about the sz of half an olive so ugly. Yes i do feel sorry for the ones who cant walk or amputations but... This is a feet surgery page so yes we all are going to complain and explain why we want this done. Just sayn

hello kitty April 25, 2013 | 1:41 PM

My feet are not ugly they are too cute only thing is on my left foot my second toe has a half bone which makes my toe turn in another direction and its so ugly i hate it cause i cant wear heels around people to show off i dont wear sandals nor go anywhere with my feet showing i wanna get surgery on that one little toe so i could feel better and dont have to be emberessed i`ve been wanting it done since i was becoming a teenager could anyone give me any ideas on what i should i do sometimes i just want to cry because i dont feel like everyone else and im only 18 please help me im in need of this

Elby April 21, 2013 | 6:38 PM

i hate my feet they are ugly and look boney and my toes are ugly like to wear sandals but can't!

Cheryl March 28, 2013 | 5:14 AM

I wore shoes that were too small when I was young now my toes have very dark spots,corns I guess you say hammertoes so ugly and my second toe is longer than my big toe I don't or cant't wear sandals I can't afford surgey I don't even know if it would help I would love to wear sandals I have bought fade cream and make up for my toes no it does not work help can anybody help?

JaneToe March 20, 2013 | 5:21 PM

Would y'all shut up about your stupid feet I'm 5'3 wear a size 10 on one and a 10 1/2 on the other thanks to a broken foot that never healed after I broke it on a fire call I'm a firefighter and have to wear boots 24/7 on duty

Samantha January 17, 2013 | 8:41 PM

I had foot surgery a year ago call (boney) they shape my bone to be able to wear hills,got better but still hurts so much even when I try hills on ,I like to be able to wear hills with no pain,and I like to know if is a cosmetic surgery to solved the problem.

Michelle January 06, 2013 | 12:14 PM

I hate my feet they are wide and look boney and my toes are really long they are horrid

moon January 04, 2013 | 11:13 PM

My feet are so ugly. The second toe is smaller than the big one. & the big one has like an ingrown toenail. On the second toe, the nail curves towards the big toe. I don't know how, or why it does that! All I know it I want pretty feet.. I never take my socks off around my friends. No ones seen my feet except family. I don't wear sandals, even though they're so cute. I don't swim, or go to water parks with people because I don't want anyone looking at them. Help, please, anyone.

cheryl October 23, 2012 | 4:08 AM

You don't know how lucky you are to be able to walk. Any foot and leg is better than none. Imagine what it's like not being able to walk.swim and even shower without the use of an aid. YOU people ought to have a damn good look at your own reality and stop whinging!

shotaiken September 04, 2012 | 8:02 AM

If my problem was just ugly feet, I'd most likely just save my money. Since I have horrid pains due to some malformed bones, I wish I had the money to get my feet corrected. Walking hurts. Exercise hurts. Shopping is an embarrassment, because I hate riding those carts. People look at me like I'm just a "lazy fatty" who is simply "too sorry to walk" long enough to do her shopping. I wish they could WALK a mile in my _feet_.

Rebecca August 20, 2012 | 5:40 AM

I have nothing wrong with my feet... BESIDES the fact that my big toe is humungous! i absolutely HATE it zoo much. i HATE taking off my socks and shoes.. i'm SO embarrassed about my feet... it sucks... i think it runs in my family tho.. cause me and my sister have the same ugly feet while my brother have nice feet.. argh! what do i do!?????? :(

JOey August 12, 2012 | 10:44 PM

I hear everyone talking about their ugly feet; this and that blah blah blah loool. Oh well, I wear a size 14 or 15. And I'm thinking of getting some sneakers, christian louboutin for my birthday. But it looks like my size are not in the list :'( I need a foot surgeon badly. I've been thinking of it for like 4 years now

Sydney August 08, 2012 | 10:25 AM

Hi I'm 15 !!! And I'm so sad about my feet I have toes that are short and ugly . My feet are fat and wide both other parents have wide feet I want skinny beautiful feet . Its possible for me to have beautiful because I have I high arched feet !!! I want surgery so bad but to young and no money .. Mom says that if I want surgery I got to pays for it so no luck here!!!

cory J July 29, 2012 | 6:54 PM

Foot surgery is one of the hottest trends right now but it hasn't reached the Philippine shores. I work as a PR Head for the Philippine Plastic Surgeon and although it is one of the hottest trends right now, I personally think that it will take some time before we appreciate it because Filipinos generally have small feet. But, for girls who have big feet and think that it is the cause of their insecurity, then, by all means, they should go for it. But, it should be thoroughly considered before doing it.

Miranda July 16, 2012 | 5:29 AM

I'm 19 with size 8 1/2 in shoe size sometimes 9! I have really long toes "and wide feet! Im so embarrassed! Both my older sisters have beautiful feet and can wear nice shoes.. im so insecure about having my dads big feet! I want surgery bad! I've been dating my boyfriend 5 years now and i still hide my feet from him! Sounds stupid but their really ugly! Please help me.. I need a price!