We have a total crush on AnnaSophia Robb's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
I don't know about you, but I'm psyched for The Carrie Diaries to start back up this fall! AnnaSophia Robb is doing a killer job portraying young Carrie Bradshaw, and I drool over the fashion every single episode.
The young actress recently stepped out with this cute side bun and I'm totally crushing! Celebrity hairstylist Julien Farel is too and couldn't wait to share his tips for recreating the look at home.
“This is a chic and casual bun which is super flattering and easy to do. Her look is disheveled and polished, which makes it so interesting!" Farel says. "The hair is soft on the face and her makeup is clean and classic. What I like about this style is that it's effortlessly elegant and takes only five minutes or less to perfect.”
Get the look
- It's important to always use a hydrating and color-safe shampoo and conditioner to jump start the styling process. (Farel recommends Julien Farel Haircare Vitamin Shampoo and Julien Farel Haircare Vitamin Condition) It's also critical to integrate a hair treatment if your hair is heavily styled. (He recommends using Julien Farel Haircare Vitamin Restore once a week)
- Before blow drying, apply a quarter size of styling cream (try Julien Farel Haircare Flexible Styling Balm) on wet hair to nourish and detangle hair. This creamy styling balm will help protect hair during blow drying and leaves the hair soft with natural movement, which you'll need for this hairstyle.
- After blow drying, separate hair in an untidy way. Part in the middle or on the side.
- Tease at the top. Use a light hairspray.
- Smooth the result with a styling balm like Julien Farel Haircare Flexible Gloss while still maintaining the rounded volume.
- With both hands, create a low bun and keep loose. Strike the balance between undone and polished by pulling a piece or two around the face and out of the bun. For additional volume right above the bun, pull the bun downwards.
- Secure with hairpins and use the Flexible Gloss again to polish the look.
More 'dos we adore
Taylor Swift's ballerina bun
Maia Mitchell's cute hair accessory
Kate Middleton's half updo
Photo credits: Alberto Reyes/WENN.com