We have a total crush on Kate Middleton's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
In the meantime, I have to gush a little over Kate's hair! The Duchess of Cambridge recently wore her always perfect locks in this adorable half up, half down 'do with a twist and I'm officially adding this to my to 'do list.
The way Kate's hair twists in the middle is a nice twist (pardon the pun) on the typical voluminous half updo I'm used to seeing many celebs rock. This is a style you can rock for any special event you're attending this summer or just for a new take on your daily 'do!
Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, is sharing her tips for getting this fab do at home. "Kate Middleton's half-updo is very sweet and the look is effortless," Walsh says.
Get the look
- Let's begin by putting some mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) into damp hair. I prefer using a wide tooth comb to spread the product out evenly from root to ends.
- Blow dry hair with a large round brush to achieve fullness at the root and body throughout the ends.
- Once hair is completely dry, go in with a 1.5-inch curling wand. Take 2-inch sections of hair and wrap around the wand, starting at the nape of the head, working up to the front.
- When the curls are finished and completely cooled, put a little oil (Kerastase Elixir Ultime) in your palm, tip head upside down and finger comb curls out lightly.
- Create a side part (it does not have to be neat) and use a Mason Pearson bristle brush to softly brush the front curls away from the face, and prep it for pinning up.
- Taking a small section from one side at the front, twist and pin in the crown with a bobby pin.
- Repeat on the other side, crossing over the first twist and pin.
- Continue going from side to side until all the hair in the front is "crisscrossed" and pinned up.
- Complete the look by spraying hairspray (Kerastase Double Force) over the half-updo and enjoy!
More 'dos we love
Taylor Swift's ballerina bun
Claire Julien's cute updo
Emma Watson's adorable braided 'do
Photo credits: WENN.com