(page 3 of 4)
Cate's a pro at looking great without looking like she tried too hard, so we weren't surprised when she showed up to the 2011 Oscars with a fresh-faced, subdued makeup look. Dark eyes, matte skin and a pale yet pretty pout made for a nice accent to her bold fashion choice.
- The emphasis here is a matte, neutral palette bringing out the color of Cate's eyes. Skin is matte in a full-coverage oil control formula (it's hot on the red carpet under those lights and California sun!). Try Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup. Apply as needed and pay special attention to shinier areas along the hairline, t-zone and chin.
- For extra matte protection, set your makeup with an oil control powder. Use with a big, fluffy brush for a lighter application. Try CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder Oil Control.
- Lips and cheeks are the same color and give a soft, sheer matte stain. Try Three Custom Color Specialists Caramel Rose Lip and Cheek Stain.
- Using your fingers, dab color as needed on lips and blot to set. On the cheeks, apply with a sponge for a sheer color veil.
- To bring out the blue in Cate's eyes, try Almay Intense I-Color Bold Nudes Kit in Bold Nudes for blues. Complementary colors in these brown tones make blue eyes pop.
Cate Blanchett ravishing in red look >>