She's starred in some of our favorite blockbusters, but we're not just fans of Amy Adams' work. We're also smitten with her makeup! Join us as we recap four of her recent beauty looks and show you how to recreate them at home.
For the London premiere of Man of Steel, Amy paired her stunning Valentino dress with an out-of-the-face updo and muted makeup. Matte yet clean skin, a pale lip and dark eyes let her strapless, detailed dress take center stage for a well-balanced, flirty look.
"It's amazing to see Amy in a bold cat eye and a gorgeous raspberry lip," Strozzi says.
Get the look
- After foundation is applied, take time to fill in your brows to frame the face and add that extra "finish" to a strong look with Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Caramel.
- Using a liquid liner such as Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner, draw a line starting in the inner eye corner all the way to the end, with a good flick upwards to form the traditional cat eye. Go over the line one more time to double its thickness and add that dark depth at the lashline.
- Use a copper eyeliner such as MAC's Powersurge Eye Kohl Pencil, a bronze-brown with a golden shimmer, below the lower lash line to make the eyes pop.
- Use a dark black volumizing mascara to really give weight to those top lashes. I love L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black.
- To keep the look fresh, use a pinky cream blush like Kevyn Aucoin's Creamy Moist Glow in Pravella to give the cheeks a rosy flush. Using your fingers or a sponge, apply to the apples of the cheeks and blend outward for a sheer wash of color.
- Pairing this look with a raspberry lip, such as Rouge D' Armani Lipstick in shade 503, keeps things modern and romantic.
More celebrity beauty
How to look red carpet ready
Celeb hairstyles we love
8 Celeb-inspired braided 'dos
Photo credits: Ryan/WENN.com, Andres Otero/WENN.com, WENN.com. Ai-Wire/WENN.com, Ai-Wire/WENN.com, Andres Otero/WENN.com, Andres Otero/WENN.com, WENN.com, WENN.com, Lia Toby/WENN.com