She's starred in some of our favorite blockbusters, but we're not just fans of Amy Adams' work. We're also smitten with her makeup! Join us as we recap four of her recent beauty looks and show you how to recreate them at home.
Lady in red
Although her makeup is typically understated, every once in a while, Amy surprises us with a bold look. Here, at the NYC premiere of Man of Steel, the actress looks cheeky in retro, glossy waves and a bold lip. Amy paired her statement lip with glowing skin and wide-eyed lashes for a refreshing, new look.
"Amy looked like a true Hollywood glamour bombshell at the NYC Man of Steel premiere!! I love the simple yet vibrant and gorgeously effective color choices," Strozzi gushes.
Get the look
- After foundation is applied, take a moment to frame the face using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel to give the brow some natural shaping. No need to over draw, just simply fill in the gaps, strengthen the end tail, and brush through for a natural but flawless look.
- Apply a wash of a copper metallic eyeshadow, such as CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3-kit shadows in Dazzling Metallics, over the entire upper lid as well as underneath the lower lash line. Blend the edges so as to give a watercolor appearance and maintain softness.
- Generously apply multiple coats of mascara, such as Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara, paying special attention to the upper lashes and the outermost corners. (Use the tip of the mascara wand to get all the way to the root of the lash.)
- Using your fingers to apply, try a cream blush like Votre Vu's Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose on cheeks. Be sure to blend all edges so it's a sheer flush of natural color. With cream blush, it's easy to layer, so start with less and add more if it seems the completed look needs it.
- A vibrant red-orange lipstick looks amazing with Amy's hair color and the copper eyeshadow. Try Dior Blazing Red to achieve this and apply right from the tube to get the best deposit of color.
Up next: Get Amy Adams' "matte madame" makeup look >>