My love affair with braids doesn't seem to be waning as we go into the hot summer months. The latest braided 'do I'm falling for? Claire Julien's low knotted halo braid. The young actress recently sported this dreamy style at the New York premiere of The Bling Ring. The youthful look goes so well with her Emilio Pucci ensemble, don't you think?
Hairstylist Christopher Naselli constructed this fun updo and is sharing his tips for recreating it for yourself! “For this event, we wanted a fresh look that was youthful and sexy, yet playful with the right amount of elegance,” Naselli says.
Get the look
- Start off by applying Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to damp hair from roots to mid-shaft for maximum volume and texture.
- Next, rub a few drops of Oribe Gold Lust from mid-shaft to ends for smoother ends.
- Rough dry hair with your fingers, lifting only at the roots.
- Create a messy side part and then lightly mist the top and side sections with Oribe Volumista. While you're misting sections, blast locks with a blow dryer to add a second layer of texture.
- Now it's time to start braiding! Start at your left temple, angling back and down just under the occipital bone.
- Then, braid the side and back into a French braid, working your way all the way around until just under the right ear. Now, take your remaining hair and start to tie it into knots until you run out of hair. Secure the ends with an elastic. Then bend up and across the top of head, leaving out the fringe. Tuck the ends of the braid and secure with a pin to the top of head. Take a few more pins and secure your braid in place.
- Take Oribe Thick Dry Finishing Spray and mist hair, working your way around the braid. Then, open the braid by pulling the sides to create a loose feel.
- You can now tuck fringe behind your ear or just leave it out if you prefer a softer look.
- Finish your look with Oribe Superfine for long-lasting hold!
More 'dos we love
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Olivia Palermo
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Zendaya
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Selena Gomez
Photo credit: Pop/WENN.com